Corean Todd is a community, labor, and family activist currently working professionally as an affordable housing coordinator. She has served as a child care subsidy counselor and advocate for working families, and leader of the local chapter of a national educational advocacy group. As a union steward, she has continually stood up for worker rights and protections. She is a proud former student of Merritt College, Laney College, and Berkeley City College.
- Chapter President- Parent Voices, Oakland Chapter
- Teamsters Union (Local 2010) UC Berkeley chapter- union steward
- Stand for Children Annual Sacramento Conference, Master of Ceremonies and keynote speaker
- Child Care Council of Contra Costa County, counselor
- Volunteer- Alameda County Measure A for Early Childhood Education and Affordable Child Care
- Communication Workers of America (Local 9415) – union steward and Area Representative
- Affordable Housing coordination and other support for low income families seeking housing- Berkeley Housing Authority and various private sector settings
- Numerous lobbying trips to fight for working families in Sacramento and Washington, DC
- Corean has also worked on many community and electoral campaigns, walking precincts, knocking on doors, making phone calls, cooking for potlucks, changing diapers, driving people to the polls, arranging for spanish language translation, pulling together community meetings, arranging childcare, picking up trash on community clean-up days, and doing the many other small and large tasks needed to organize people to fight for and care for our communities.
3909 Walnut Street Oakland, CA. 94619